Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung ‘Open Minds – Young Voices’ Youth Activists Programme
Application Deadline: 06 December 2020 by 23:59 WAT.
The Open Minds – Young Voices Programme is an empowerment programme aimed at developing young, motivated and proactive Nigerians that are working and advocating for social justice and good governance and have great leadership potential. Successful applicants benefit from educational modules that enhance their knowledge on issues of socio-economic and political relevance in Nigeria. Practical sessions include skills training on project management, group facilitation, conflict management, advocacy and leadership.
If you are actively engaged in any sector of the society including, but not limited to, trade unions, civil society organizations, research institutions, administration, educational institutions and the media; if you have shown commitment to representing the common interest of the Nigerian people – then we are happy to receive your application!
Candidates must be:
- between the ages of 18 and 32 by the time of application,
- conversant with socio-economic and political issues in Nigeria,
- creative, progressive and willing to become change agents,
- have the potential to be positive role models,
- able to communicate fluently in English and partake in regular group assignments,
- resident in Abuja or surroundings and cater for their transportation to/from the training
- ready to commit to 95% attendance requirement.
Location and Period of Programme
- March to November 2021 at Wuse II, Abuja
- Every second and fourth weekend of the month, for 16 – 18 weekends
- Saturdays from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm; and Sundays from 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should either:
a. Apply here OR
b. send an application email to info(at)fes-nigeria.org and include the following as a single PDF document:
- a Letter of motivation answering the question “How will the programme improve your work for the common good of the Nigerian society?” (500 – 1000 Words).
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
Deadline is on Sunday, 06 December 2020 by 23:59 WAT. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Qualified women and persons living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply!