2019 FoodTech Accelerator Program
Deadline: September 30, 2019
Applications are invited for the 2019 FoodTech Accelerator Program for Startups . The FoodTech Accelerator is a global accelerator that brings top Made in Italy corporates and best international innovators together to disrupt agrifood and retail sectors.
Open to Every year, FoodTech Accelerator selects up to 10 best-of-breed startups to supercharge food innovation. They match them with their Corporate Partners business needs and together accelerate concrete industrial pilot projects in a 15-week program.
How it Works
- Engage with FoodTech Accelerator network before starting the program
- International Roadshow: Meet during tech and innovation events, industry leading conferences, and by direct referral of Deloitte network of investors, mentors, and partners. Follow the #FTARoadshow on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Live interviews: Shortlisted startups will be meeting the selection committee in charge of selecting the best up to 10 teams to access the program
- An Intensive 15 Week Program
- A hands-on learning experience and out-of-the-building approach: Successfully transform ideas into innovative products. This program takes startups from Business Model Consolidation to Validation & Prototyping aiming at Fundraising & Go-to-Market success
- Work directly with expert mentors: Selected startups will validate and scale their business faster thanks to mentors from both Corporate Partners and Deloitte that enable MVP and PoC testing
- Accelerate Fast!
- Rock the stage at the DemoDay: A few moments in front of carefully selected investors and a whole new food community keen to drive selected startups to the next stage
- Boost network connections: Learn from cross-functional and cross-contaminated teams of Corporate executives, experienced consultants, entrepreneurs, scientists, private investors and venture capitalists (VCs)
- Corporate Access: Speed up your go-to-market
- Investors Network: Gain access to up to €1,000,000 in follow-on already committed investments
- Smart Money: Access to cash contribution and services in exchange for up to 6% of your equity
- European Ecosystem: Hop in a newly created ecosystem on Food + Innovation with international mentors
- Deloitte Approach: Leverage on a globally recognized consulting approach and worldwide network
- Dedicated Hub: Open the doors of a space in Milan to taste your products with partners’ facilities
Open to startups taking on these trends:
- Quality & Traceability: Food Safety, Plant & Food Quality
- Circular Economy: Sharing Economy, Foodwaste, Sustainable Packaging
- Healty Lifestyle: Precision Nutrition & Coaching, Meal Replacement & Supplements
- Alternative ingredients: Plant based proteins, Invitro Cell Culture, Novel & Superfood
- Agritech: Precision farming, Animal health, Vertical and indoor farming, Clean Commodities
- Delivery revolution: Direct to consumer & Meal Kit, Digital Restaurants, New delivery vehicles
- Omnichannel: Customer engagement & Smart packaging, Digital Experience & Native Brands
For more information, visit Foodtech Accelerator.