2019 Call for filmmakers: Global Landscapes Forum (GLF)
Application Deadline: 20 September, 2019.
The Youth in Landscapes Initiative is calling for creative filmmakers between 18 and 35 years of age, to create a short film that showcases the power and the potential of youth-led actions and innovations in improving landscape management in communities around Ghana’s capital city of Accra.
Selected filmmakers will join the 30 participants of the first Youth in Landscape Camp being held in three project sites near Accra from 26 to 28 October 2019, to capture meaningful stories that will be shared by youth, communities, and experts who are working on building landscape solutions.
The short film that displays the most originality and compelling scenes will be premiered during the Global Landscapes Forum in Accra (29 – 30 October) before a broad and multisectoral audience that is open to encouraging, positive, and ‘outside-the-box storytelling that has been made in Ghana.
- To create a high-quality film, all the way from collecting the footage to editing, production to the output in digital media;
- The film must be no longer than six minutes, nor shorter than three minutes.
- Young filmmakers between 18 and 35 years of age;
- Creative individuals who are passionate about sustainable development, landscapes, and people, as well as holistic ways to make positive impacts;
- Current and former students from any university, college or institute in Ghana are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Premiere your landscape-based story/film to more than 500 attendees of the GLF Accra event, as well as through GLF social media channels, reaching tens of thousands of people around the globe;
- Public recognition and a certificate of participation;
- Free tickets to attend GLF Accra and to be part of the inaugural Youth in Landscapes Camp;
- Opportunity to network with multiple stakeholders, ranging from international organizations to academic institutions, private companies, and communities all over the world.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete the following form, including links to video portfolio, before 20 September, 2019.
- Filmmakers can apply individually or in pairs (no more than two people).
- Please ensure availability of media devices and software to film and edit the video, either your own or provided.
Technical requirements for the short film
- Films can be of any genre or creative narrative;
- Films must be made with high-quality images and sound, drawn from allowed or creative common sources;
- Filmmakers must ensure copyright requirements have all been met when using material created by others. Credits must be included, as well as the official logo of Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and all partner organizations.
For More Information: