Call for proposals: Facebook Computer Vision for Global Challenges 2019
Facebook is calling for proposals for pilot and early-stage research that extends computer vision technologies in developing countries. Facebook specifically seek projects that address the technical challenges impeding computer vision in these contexts, including data and hardware limitations and better integration of new information sources, such as high-resolution satellite imagery.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 29 at 5:00 pm PST.
Illustrative computer vision applications for delivering this type of social impact include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Agricultural extension: better informing smallholders about crop health, pest control, livestock illnesses, or soil fertility
- Health services: improving diagnosis, dietary, water or sanitation assessments
- Education quality: tools to enhance access to information without requiring high levels of literacy or language skills
- Infrastructure and sustainable industry: improving factory machinery or training to increase safety, jobs or output. Transportation innovations for environmental and human benefit.
- Disaster relief and climate action: visual information for first-responders to fires, floods or other natural disasters. Technologies to manage or mitigate environmental change.
Additional provisions are listed below.
- Awards must comply with applicable US and international laws, regulations and policies
- Applicants must be the Principal Investigator on any resulting award
- Applicants may submit one proposal per solicitation
- Organizations must be a nonprofit or non-governmental organization with recognized legal status in their respective country (equal to 501(c)(3) status under the United States Internal Revenue Code).
For additional questions related to this RFP, please email Andrew Westbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: