Annual Essay Competition at Consolidated Hallmark Insurance
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance in line with its Corporate Social Responsibility policy of encouraging, research especially in the study of insurance at tertiary level, hereby invites entries for the 2018 Edition of the company’s Annual Essay Competition.
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.
Essay Topic: Implications of Financial Inclusion on Insurance Penetration in Nigeria
- Students from 300L/HND1 and above, of Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria studying Insurance or Actuarial Science.
- Length of Essay: About 1000 words
The assessment shall be in two levels:
- First level shall be the students’ departmental assessment panel compromising of the HODs which shall forward the best three entries to the company.
- Second level of assessment shall be by an independent panel of distinguished insurance practitioners from the company, who shall grade the best entries received from the various Institutions.
- Essay must be original works of the student, with clearly acknowledged references.
- Must be type-written in double line spacing.
- Judgement of the students would be on content, organization and mechanical accuracy.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- 1st Prize: N250,000 and automatic employment in the company
- 2nd Prize: N150,000
- 3rd Prize: 100,000
- The Top Three Finalists shall be announced at an Awards Ceremony in the presence of Parents/Guardians of winners and a representative of their institutions who shall have sponsorship to attend. The event will be publicised in the print media.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Essay to the “Head of Insurance Department” of their Institution. The respective HODs or their representative shall forward the best three entries from their Institutions in PDF format, with contact details of the students (including phone numbers) to: email@example.com while hard copies should be posted to:
The Chairman Awards Committee,
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Plc,
266 Ikorodu Road,