2018 Postdoctoral Fellowship in MR-Guided Hyperthermia
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in MR-Guided Hyperthermia to study in Italy. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The goal is to develop algorithms and hardware aiming to non-invasively generate controlled local SAR hotspots and hyperthermia to modulate the permeability of the blood-brain barrier to molecules, nanoparticles and cells.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) is a Foundation governed by Articles 14 et seq of the Italian Civil Code, established by Legislative Decree 269/03, converted by Law no. 326/2003 (Article 4 of the Statute), and financed by the State to conduct scientific research in the public interest, for the purpose of technological development.
- Applications Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The ideal candidate will be supported for at least 2 years and will work at the interface of two laboratories: the DecuzziLab at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia and the Rutt Lab at the Lucas Center for Imaging (Stanford, CA). Decuzzi lab focuses on the design, production and development of nanoparticles for drug delivery and multimodal imaging in a variety of diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular and brain-related disorders. Rutt lab focuses on an ultra-high field (7T and above) MRI technology development and applications. Ongoing applications projects include UHF MRI studies of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, and traumatic brain injury.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- PhD in engineering, physics, biomedical engineering, biophysics, or related discipline
- Experience with numerical modelling packages such as Sim4Life, CST, FEKO, HFSS, COMSOL
- Experience with RF coil design and construction: transmit/receive coils, receive arrays, transmit arrays
- Programming experience (Matlab, other scientific and software development environments)
- Experience with circuit modelling software like ADS or AWR
- Experience with CAD modelling using Autocad, Solidworks or similar packages
- Basic electronics and mechanical workshop experience (e.g. on a CNC mill)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please submit your application, including a detailed CV, statement of research experience and interests, and contact information of two referees to: Paolo Decuzzi, quoting: “Postdoctoral Fellowship in MR-Guided Hyperthermia CB 74292”.