Doctoral Candidate Positions for International Students at Aalto University
Aalto University School of Engineering is offering Four-Year Doctoral Candidate Positions in Multidisciplinary Passenger Ship Design in Finland. The expected duration of doctoral studies is four years, but a contract is at first made for one year, and the extension depends on candidate’s advancement in her/his studies and research.
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
All international students applying for doctoral studies must demonstrate their proficiency in English. Applicants are required to attach an official language test report to their application.
- Applications Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Multidisciplinary Passenger Ship Design.
- Scholarship Award: The expected duration of doctoral studies is four years, but a contract is at first made for one year, and the extension depends on candidate’s advancement in her/his studies and research. The salary is according to the salary system of Aalto University.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: The applicants should have experience in some of the following research areas:
- Naval architecture and/or marine engineering,
- Experience-based design, product development and/or industrial design,
- Artificial experience, modelling of human decision making and/or optimization
- Maritime transport, logistics and/or economics.
The applicant for the position of Doctoral Candidate must have a Master’s degree and must fulfil the requirements for doctoral students at the Aalto University School of Engineering.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the university’s English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: Please, submit the applications online through the link provided below no later than 31 July 2018 including
- Motivation letter
- A certified copy of master´s degree certificate and an official transcript of records, and their translations, if the originals are not in Finnish, Swedish or English
- Proof of proficiency in Finnish, Swedish or English if the applicant is not a native speaker of them
For additional information on funding and contents of work, please contact Professors Pentti Kujala or Jani Romanoff (or in the recruitment process –related questions HR-coordinator Anna-Maija Harju) E-mails: first name.lastname-at-aalto.fi.
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.