Deadline: February 14, 2018
TheCenter for Global Enterprise (CGE) is accepting applications for the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC). This is a one-of-a-kind 12-month training program that builds a pan-African community of women entrepreneurs and business owners. The program empowers them with the strategy, leadership and business management skills needed for growth and economic advancement. AWEC will enroll 200 women entrepreneurs for the current program year.
CGE developed the AWEC program in response to those challenges and to feedback from African alumni of its online learning courses who requested more in-depth training on critical management topics, longer program engagement and mentorship, and a sustained peer network.
AWEC is designed to build a community of collaboration and mutual support amongst participants. It provides sustained skills training and mentorship for one year. Participants who successfully complete the program are part of an ongoing network of alumni.
Upon successful completion of the 12-month program, participants will:
- Gain access to a network of like-minded African entrepreneurs as well as a group of world-class global business mentors
- Strengthen strategy, leadership and business management skills to foster sustained growth
- Develop a toolkit of soft skills, including self-confidence, resilience, collaboration, and global communication to grow as a leader and successful entrepreneur
The program is fully supported by donors and there is no charge to participants. They do ask that they commit their time (2-3 hours per week for one year), which, of course, is valuable.
Participants are not required to travel. Most of the AWEC program activities are conducted online and can be completed from anywhere a participant has an Internet connection. However, there are some opportunities to connect in-person, including two, one-day leadership summits that provide in-person training and networking opportunities. There may be additional opportunities to conduct in-person peer sessions for those located in the same cities.
- AWEC is designed for women from across Africa and its diaspora who run startup or growth stage companies in any industry.
- Individuals who have a company in startup or growth mode and aspiring entrepreneurs with business experience, a solid idea, and demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship.
- Those who are interested in increasing their business management skills and growing their networks are encouraged to apply for the inaugural program year.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs with business experience, an idea for a venture, and a passion for entrepreneurship are also eligible for the program.
- Women who demonstrate the following qualities: leadership, tenacity, perseverance, a desire to learn and share learning with others, and a passion for entrepreneurship and growing their business
- Individuals proficient in written and spoken English
Both entrepreneurs and business owners who live on the African continent and those who are part of the diaspora are eligible to apply. The program is limited to women.
Are you a woman entrepreneur in Africa seeking to develop strategy, leadership, and business management skills? Apply now for AWEC.
Interested individuals should apply here.
For more information, visit African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative.