UN Young Research Grant 2018 for International Students at Member Institutions
Applications are invited for Utrecht Network Young Researchers Grant for international students. The Utrecht Network Young Researchers Grant is for self-organized mobility at one of the Utrecht Network partner universities.
The Utrecht Network Young Researchers Grant is designed to promote and further enhance the Network’s support to students and staff as well as broaden mobility between the Network’s institutions.
Utrecht University is a university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe.
Since English is the official language at UCU, applicants are required to demonstrate proof of proficiency.
- Application Deadline: February 10, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to young researchers.
- Study Subject: Grants are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Within the framework of the Young Researchers Grant up to 10 scholarships of €1,000 each will be offered to students, who might not be eligible for other scholarship programmes such as ERASMUS+ (e.g. length of stay is under 3 months).
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 10 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken at Member Institutions
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Up to 10 research scholarships of €1000 each for master’s students or young researchers, who are not eligible for other scholarship programs like ERASMUS (e.g. length of stay under 3 months), will be offered within the framework of UN Young Researchers’ Grant.
The grant is limited to thesis research on masters or PhD level. Students are allowed to take courses as well. However, priority will be given to ‘research-only’ Ph.D. students.
- Masters/ PhD level
- Length of stay: 1 – 6 months (mobility is not restricted to semesters, but may also take place during the holidays)
- Students, who are eligible for an ERASMUS grant, cannot apply for this grant
English Language Requirements: Since English is the official language at UCU, applicants are required to demonstrate proof of proficiency. Accepted are the IELTS test, TOEFL test, Cambridge Certificate:
IELTS Academic: A minimum of 7.0 for all components
TOEFL: Internet-based 100
How to Apply: Application documents:
- Application form
- Letter of Recommendation by supervisor/programme coordinator
- Letter of Acceptance (by an academic supervisor/coordinator at the host institution)
All application documents must be handed into the Utrecht Network representative at your home university by 15 February 2018 (Universities can set an earlier internal application deadline – please check with the Utrecht Network representative at your home university for the deadline).